The Little Things
As I woke up this morning and laid in bed before my day began, I started thinking of how we need to be mindful of the simple things. I thought I'd share some of the things that make me smile.
- The smell of fresh brewed coffee in the morning and then that first sip. The house is quiet when I get up so I have "my time" to sit and reflect and enjoy that cup of joe.
- The sounds of nature. For me there is nothing more soothing than just listening to nature. Birds singing is what I call nature's music box. A breeze rustling some leaves. Soft soaking summer rain is so soothing.
- Sitting on the beach with my eyes closed and just listening to the waves. The ebb and flow of the water is mesmerizing. The sun on my skin and feeling the warmth deep in my bones.
- Daily chats with my Beach Sister to just check in with each other since the border is closed to Canada and we can't visit right now.
- A Skype with a dear friend in British Columbia and heavenly Devon, England.
- A phone call or a text from a family member just to say hi.
- Reading a book in a quiet space. No wonder I loved the library when I was a kid!
These are just a handful of things that I appreciate. Considering how upside down 2020 has been and for however long this crazy Covid is around, it's a great time to reflect inward and thank the universe for the special things, no matter how small.
What are some of things that make you smile and feel happy? I'd love to hear.